The outdoor advertising of a Ford dealer from the 1920s was discovered on the wall of a building in Kecskemét during renovation work. The company logo, which is almost a hundred years old, has been preserved by the plaster layers to this day.
This article was originally published on our sister-site, Ungarn Heute.
The outdoor advertising consists of a picture of a Ford car, as well as the name of the dealer, Jenő Vecsey, and the job title “Graduate Mechanical Engineer.”
The building, which was once a roller mill, is currently being renovated by the local Pentecostal church. It has since been confirmed that the advertisement will be covered with a glass pane so that it will be preserved for decades to come and at the same time be visible to everyone.
The Budapest mechanical engineer, Jenő Vecsey (1874-1936), founded his own company in 1906, which involved the production and trade of passenger cars, trucks, buses, and tractors. The company, registered as a joint-stock company since 1929, opened its branch in Kecskemét in 1928.
Sources: 24.hu, Hiros.hu
Featured image: Screen capture from Kecskemét Television’s YouTube channel