Hungary Today, the newspaper operated under the Friends of Hungary Foundation, has a full-time position available starting in September. Our team is looking for an enthusiastic, insightful, and inquisitive individual with an interest in all of Hungary’s day to day affairs.
A job at Hungary Today involves active participation and cooperation with a close-knit team of journalists who are ready to provide detailed and timely coverage on matters that impact Hungary and Hungarians both at home and around the world. Not only are we one of the only English language newspapers geared specifically towards Hungary and the Hungarian community, but we have an active base of readers from all over the world.
Our daily newspaper is intended for both Hungarians who may or may not speak Hungarian and non-Hungarians with an interest in our unique Carpathian nation. Recipes, sports, cultural events, politics, pandemic coverage, etc.
Attributes which we are looking for include:
• Fluent communication skills in English and Hungarian.
• Fluent reading and writing skills in English – a level of grammar and vocabulary suitable for writing at an academic level appropriate for a news agency (a university degree is not required, but a university level of writing is appropriate).
• Fluent reading and fluent (or nearly fluent) writing in Hungarian
• An interest in Hungarian affairs; willingness to write on topics such as politics, economics, sports, culture, society.
• Experience in a field related to journalism (social studies, humanities, writing, etc.) or in the field of journalism.
• A strong work ethic and enough discipline to meet provided deadlines.
• The ability to work effectively in a team.
Full-time Hungary Today employees work 40 hours a week with 8-hour workdays typically starting in the morning and ending in the afternoon. Applicants can send their curriculum vitae and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Details of the applicant’s requested salary should also be included when contacting us.