Hungary Today, the newspaper operated by the Friends of Hungary Foundation, has a full-time position available. Our team is looking for an individual with an interest in all of Hungary’s day to day affairs.
A job at Hungary Today involves active participation and cooperation with a close-knit team of journalists who are ready to provide detailed and timely coverage on matters that impact Hungary and Hungarians both at home and around the world.
Our daily newspaper is intended for both people living in Hungary who may or may not speak Hungarian, and for non-Hungarians with an interest in our culture, politics, sport or business affairs.
We are looking for you if you have:
• Fluent reading and writing skills in English – a level of grammar and vocabulary suitable for writing at an academic level appropriate for a news agency.
• Fluent reading skills in Hungarian.
• A keen interest in Hungarian affairs; willingness to write on topics such as politics, economics, sports, culture, society.
• Experience in a field related to journalism (social studies, humanities, writing) or in the field of journalism.
• A strong work ethic and appropriate discipline to meet deadlines.
• The ability to work effectively in a team and to commute to central Budapest twice a week.
Full-time Hungary Today employees work 40 hours a week with 8-hour workdays typically starting in the morning and ending in the afternoon.
Applicants can send their curriculum vitae and any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org