Weekly newsletter

British Polling Agencies Predict Orbán to Win Election

Júlia Tar 2022.01.18.

It is now possible to bet on the outcome of the 2022 Hungarian general elections. Both Unibet and BetOnline firmly believe that current Prime Minister Viktor Orbán is more likely to win than the joint opposition’s candidate, Péter Márki-Zay.

Unibet is one of the first betting offices to provide an opportunity to bet on this year’s Hungarian elections.

Viktor Orbán’s victory as Prime Minister pays only 1.25 times the money, while Péter Márki-Zay’s win pays 3 times. This means that the bookmaker is assuming a 72% probability of a Fidesz victory and 28% for the opposition alliance. According to taktikaiszavazas.hu‘s Facebook post, this is roughly consistent with the outcome that can be inferred from current surveys.

Betting is also open on some other international betting sites. BetOnline has slightly better odds for Márki-Zay, with 2.7 times the odds against Viktor Orbán’s 1.4 times.


Array
(
    [1536x1536] => Array
        (
            [width] => 1536
            [height] => 1536
            [crop] => 
        )

    [2048x2048] => Array
        (
            [width] => 2048
            [height] => 2048
            [crop] => 
        )

)