news letterOur mobile application

Weekly newsletter

Russian Pianist Dies in Suspected Budapest Rental Flat Gas Leak

MTI-Hungary Today 2019.12.27.

A young Russian pianist was found dead in the bathroom of a Budapest vacation rental flat following a suspected gas leak, public news channel M1 has reported.

Authorities suspect Elina Valiyeva, 27, died due to gas poisoning from a faulty gas heater.

The owner of the 13th district flat declined to comment to M1 on the incident.

A spokesman for the National Ambulance Service said paramedics had fought hard to save Valiyeva but were unsuccessful. Meanwhile, a man had to be hospitalised with not life-threatening gas poisoning, Pál Győrfi said.

The Budapest Police Headquarters has ruled out the possibility of foul play, M1 said.

Featured photo illustration by Zoltán Mihádák/MTI