The government’s National Consultation survey on conditions for lifting restrictions after the coronavirus epidemic has gotten under way.
In the survey which consists of only seven questions, the government seeks the public’s opinion on whether the country should be reopened gradually or in one fell swoop once the epidemic has subsided.
Opinions are also sought on whether people with immunity certificates should enjoy exemption from certain restrictions and whether foreigners should only be allowed into the country if they can show proof of inoculation or an immunity passport, according to information provided earlier by the Prime Minister’s Office.
The exact questions are:
1) Some argue that epidemiologic restrictive measures can be lifted gradually. Others say this should be done in one step at the end of the epidemic. What do you think about this?
- Restrictions can be gradually lifted.
- At the end of the epidemic, restrictions must be lifted in one step.
2) Those who are vaccinated or have tested positive will receive a certificate of immunity. Some are in favor of exempting those holding such a card from certain restrictive measures. What do you think about this?
- I support this.
- I object.
3) Some argue that as soon as the epidemic situation allows, one of the first steps should be to ease the curfew after 8 pm. Do you agree with that?
4) Some argue that as soon as the epidemic situation allows, restaurants and hotels should be reopened as one of the first steps, under strict safety rules. Do you agree with that?
5) Some argue that as the epidemic situation allows, one of the first steps should be to reopen sports facilities (e.g. swimming pools, athletic centers, gyms) with strict safety rules. Do you agree with that?
6) Some argue that those who have an immunity certificate should be allowed to attend events, concerts, festivals, or sporting events. Others say these events should not be held or made available to the public until the epidemic is over. What do you think?
- These events should be available with an immunity certificate.
- These events should not be made available until the end of the epidemic.
7) Some suggest that only foreigners who have been vaccinated or have an immunity certificate can enter Hungary until the end of the epidemic. Do you agree with that?
The questions can be answered online at vakcinainfo.gov.hu after registration.
Featured photo illustration by Szilárd Koszticsák/MTI