Hungary’s swimming legend Katinka Hosszú is the most valuable sport star of the country, according to Forbes. The World and European Championships winner swimmer star, nicknamed “Iron Lady”, will feature on the top of the list published in the magazine’s March edition. This is the 25th time Forbes makes such a list about Hungarians sport icons.
The American magazine said it paid attention to the sportmen’s and sportwomen’s performances in 2015 as well as their “money-making” ability. As for Katinka Hosszú, she earned 2 million dollars last year thanks to her incredible success run, including six European Championship medals and further eight medals at the short-course World Championship. Hosszú was also named the World’s best female swimmer for the second time in 2015.
Forbes Top 10 Hungarian sport stars
1. Katinka Hosszú – swimmer
2. László Cseh – swimmer
3. Norbert Michelisz – auto racing driver
4. László Nagy – international handball player (current club: Veszprém, Hungary)
5. Balázs Dzsudzsák – international football player (current club: Bursaspor, Turkey)
6. Tímea Babos – tennis player
7. Dániel Gyurta – swimmer
8. Zsuzsanna Jakabos – swimmer
9. Edit Miklós – alpine skier
10. Norbert Kiss – speed race driver