news letterOur mobile application

Weekly newsletter

Coronavirus: Operative Board Sees No Need for Event Cancellations

MTI-Hungary Today 2020.02.27.

The Hungarian government’s operative board monitoring the coronavirus outbreak says there is no need to restrict the organisation of sporting or cultural events in the country because of the spread of the virus.

The operative board’s spokeswoman, Kinga Láng-Bognár, told a news conference on Thursday that the board has not shut down any schools or ordered the lockdown of any municipalities. She emphasised that there were still no confirmed coronavirus cases in Hungary.

Budapest Travel Exhibition to be Held With Italy as Guest of Honor Despite Spread of Coronavirus

Láng-Bognár said Hungarian airports have so far screened 3,366 people for fever, adding that since the outbreak of the virus a total of 1,630 people have arrived in Hungary from China either on direct flights or indirectly.

Featured photo illustration via pixabay.com