The most popular landmark is the Great Mosque of Córdoba, while the world’s most interesting sight is the Angkor Wat of Cambodia, according the list of the tripadvisor.com. On the mentioned list the Parliament of Hungary moved forward and “runs rings round” many other great sights.
On the ranking list of TripAdvisor, the Hungarian Parliament is ranked to the 7th place, in the category of most popular landmarks. The American travel agency’s list is set by an algorithm which one sums the feedbacks and rankings of costumers from the last 12 months. The gothic revival style building of the Hungarian Parliament overtook great European landmarks such as the Notre Dame of Paris, and the Acropolis of Greece.
On the list of the Top 25 Landmarks of the world the beautiful gothic pear of Budapest, the Parliament was ranked to the 14th place. It means it was more popular than the symbol of Rio de Janeiro, the statue of Jesus Christ or the Burj Khalifa of Dubai, and the iconic Opera House of Sydney.
The most popular landmark of the world is the ruin-town Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Let’s check the list out here.
In Europe the winner is the Great Mosque/Cathedral of Córdoba the Mezquita. Here are the top 10 landmarks of Europe.
- Mezquita Cathedral de Cordoba – Cordoba, Spain
- Peter’s Basilica – Vatican City, Italy
- Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood – St. Petersburg, Russia
- Plaza de Espana – Seville, Spain
- Duomo di Milano – Milan, Italy
- Eiffel Tower – Paris, France
- Parliament – Budapest, Hungary
- Notre Dame Cathedral – Paris, France
- Big Ben – London, United Kingdom
- Acropolis – Athens, Greece
via: origo.hu; tripadvisor.com
photos: napi.hu; pingallery.deviantart.com