Following its success in 2014 and 2015, Super Channel, a hub for the value management of the creative industries, has once again decided to hold a vote on the previous year’s best Hungarian creative projects.
The initiative named “Highlights of Hungary” is aimed at introducing the best of Hungary’s creative industries to the public – the emphasis is on creativity, irrespective of categories, context, medium or platform. The ten awarded projects were chosen on the basis of 15.000 votes from the audience.
The winners of this year’s competition are the following:
10. “BaGázs /Játszunk Együtt!” – program supporting a Roma village
9. “Budapest Pride” – march promoting LGBT rights
8. “Hadik Irodalmi Szalon” – event series promoting classic literature
7. “Debrecen Bike Maffia” – charity group that helps homeless
6. “Ernelláék Farkaséknál lakáspremierek” – at home film screenings
5. “Nagyerdei Víztorony” – former water tower turned into pub in Debrecen
4. “Igazgyöngy Alapítvány” – foundation supporting children from poor families
3. “Kuckó Önkéntes Program” – programs for children and youth, who live in orphanage
2. “Aranyélet” – HBO-made TV show that depicts the dark sides of the Hungarian society
1. Red Bull Pilvaker – music event on 15 March that combines national holiday with popular music (pictured above)
Click to read an interview with the founder and brand manager of the winner here.